- About Us
- Welcome Visitors
The purpose of the Singles Ministry at Fortress Church is to provide a place of BELONGING for all singles in the BODY OF CHRIST.
We aim to accomplish this purpose through five priorities (tasks) of the church as stated in the New Testament. These priorities are Worship, Growth (Discipleship), Service Missions, Being Known and Known by Others (Fellowship), and Caring and Sharing (Ministry).
1. A place to WORSHIP: Knowing that God created us first and foremost to worship Him and bring glory to His Name, we provide a place for singles to worship Him in Spirit and in Truth. (I Peter 3:15)
2. A place to GROW: Knowing that lack of spiritual growth results in spiritual death,, we provide a place for singles to grow mentally, emotionally, socially and most importantly, spiritually. (Proverbs 27:17)
3. A place to SERVE : Knowing that faith without works is dead, we provide singles a place to serve Christ. This time is designed around each believers "giftedness." By using their spiritual gift they can sere others and serve Christ. (Romans 12:11)
4. A place to BE KNOWN and KNOW OTHERS : Knowing that we are not to live the Christian life alone, but rather with others who are a part of the body of Christ, we provide singles with a place for their real selves to be known and to know others. (Philippians 2:2)
5. A place to CARE and SHARE : Knowing that God will forgive you, but life will not, we provide singles a place to heal from and to be cared for from the hurts, scars, mistakes, confusions, frustrations and questions of life. (Ecclesiastes 3:3)